||0.08 [Mirko Buffoni]
- Use F2 to enter test mode, then 1 to advance from one test to the following.
- In Zaxxon, after you enter your initials, the screen proudly displays: INITIALS ENTERD Happens on the real machine...
- 0.09: Background graphics in Zaxxon now work, albeit a bit slow (45-50 fps on my 486/100) [Nicola Salmoria]. Note: The background is stored as a rectangle, but is drawn by the hardware skewed: Go right two pixels, then up one pixel. Doing the conversion at run time would be extremely expensive, so we do it now. To save memory, we squash the image horizontally (doing line shifts at run time is much less expensive than doing column shifts).
- 0.134u4: Team Europe added clone Zaxxon (set 3).
- 0.134u2: Team Japump added clone Zaxxon (Japan).
- 0.122u8: RansAckeR improved dipswitches according to manuals in Zaxxon. Added 2x 'Unused' dipswitch.
- 0.107u3: Fixed rom names.
- 0.107u2: Aaron Giles rewroted Zaxxon driver from the schematics. This is still a WIP (not finished yet): Fixed clock speeds and video timing. Complete memory maps. Simplified video code and merged common cases together. Palette derived from resistor weights. Background positioning still a little off.
- 0.99u2: Derrick Renaud fixed sample playing.
- 0.76u1: Changed Z80 CPU clock speed to 3041250 Hz.
- 23rd October 2003: Converted Zaxxon to use tilemaps in the foreground graphics layer, and corrected the CPU speed in it.
- 0.59: Removed 3rd coin slot. Added 2x 'Unused' dipswitches.
- 0.35: Added clone Jackson (bootleg).
- 30th June 1999: Nicola added a Zaxxon bootleg called Jackson.
- 0.35b11: Marco Cassili added clone Zaxxon (set 2). Changed parent description to 'Zaxxon (set 1)'.
- 9th April 1999: Marco Cassili added an Eagle clone, a Zaxxon clone and a Mr. Do! Run Run clone.
- 0.33b5: Zaxxon supports rotation (albeit slow) [John Butler].
- [Zaxxon/Super Zaxxon Sound Samples: By an anonymous individual. 11/20/98 Zaxxon uses discrete sound circuitry that cannot be emulated. I got lucky and found some sound boards that still had some power in them. Most Zaxxon boards the capacitors are all dried up so a lot of the sound disappear. Stuff to do: Zaxxon has 5 flight sound variations. These have to be put into the driver to take advantage of them].
- 0.34b1: Added color proms ($0, 100 - palette and char lookup table).
- 0.31: Alex Judd support sample sound in Zaxxon and Berzerk. Gerald Vanderick added accurate colors to Zaxxon.
- 12th March 1998: ATJ - For the moment replaced Brad's version of the samples with mine from the Mame/P release. As yet, no variable volume, but I will be combining the features from Brad's driver into mine ASAP.
- 26th January 1998: LBO - Fixed the sound support. I lack explosion samples and the base missile sample so these are untested. I'm also unsure about the background noise. It seems to have a variable volume so I've tried to reproduce that via just 1 sample.
- 25th January 1998: LBO - Added crude support for samples based on Frank's info. As of yet, I don't have a set that matches the names - I need a way to edit the .sam files I have. Hopefully I'll be able to create a good set shortly. I also don't know which sounds "loop".
- 0.30: A note about Zaxxon colors: we are aware that they are wrong. The reason is that we are using the Super Zaxxon color PROM. As soon as we'll have the correct Zaxxon color PROM, they will be fixed.
- 0.29: Zaxxon is getting there (sprites are mostly correct, background isn't) [Tim Lindquist, Nicola Salmoria].
- 0.28: Zaxxon can go in service mode (F2) [Nicola Salmoria]. Known issues: What do the dip switches do?
- 0.27: Improvements in Zaxxon colors by Marc Vergoosen.
- 0.26a: Mirko Buffoni worked with the wrong source, now everything is back to normality in Zaxxon.
- 0.18: Zaxxon now save their high scores for real [Nicola Salmoria]. The code had disappeared from the drivers. I did write it, since I had .hi files in my directories.
- 0.15: Miscellaneous graphics fixes to Zaxxon and added high score saving [Nicola Salmoria].
- 0.13: Marc Lafontaine submitted a new palette for Zaxxon.
- 0.11: Marc Vergoossen provided a much better palette for Zaxxon.
LEVELS: 20 (endless - after 20th level, the level counter is replaced by the sentence "GIVE UP!", and the game continues endlessly)
- 0.081: Zaxxon now works, but the background graphics are missing [Nicola Salmoria]. Control: Arrows = Move around and CTRL = Fire.
- 0.08: Mirko Buffoni added support for Zaxxon (Sega 1982), doesn't work yet.
- 29th December 1996: Virtu-Al dumped Zaxxon (set 1).
Recommended Games (Defender 3D):
Gratia - Second Earth
Trigger Heart Exelica
Romset: 105 kb / 17 files / 33.6 zip